Uttar Pradesh is a renowened state in northern India famous for its cultural, historical, and natural wonders. With the towering Himalayas, the holy Ganges river, and the iconic Taj Mahal, it is a popular destination for travellers worldwide. Lets discuss five places to visit in Uttar Pradesh:
- Agra: Agra is known as the city of love and is home to the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This white marble mausoleum, built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife, is an architectural marvel and a symbol of everlasting love. Besides the Taj Mahal, Agra boasts other historical landmarks like Agra Fort and FatehpurSikri.
- Varanasi: Varanasi, also known as Kashi or Banaras, is an ancient city inhabited continuously for thousands of years. Situated on the banks of the holy Ganges river, Varanasi is India’s spiritual and cultural hub. The evening Ganga Aarti ceremony, performed by priests on the ghats, is a must-see spectacle.
- Lucknow: Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, is known as the City of Nawabs for its rich cultural heritage and gastronomic delights. The city is famous for its Mughlai cuisine, especially biryani and kebabs. The Bara Imambara, ChotaImambara, and Rumi Darwaza are some of the major tourist attractions in Lucknow.
- Allahabad: Allahabad, also known as Prayagraj, is a holy city at the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati rivers. The city is famous for the KumbhMela, the largest gathering of people in the world, which takes place every 12 years. Besides the KumbhMela, Allahabad is also home to the Allahabad Fort and the AnandBhawan Museum.
- Mathura and Vrindavan: Mathura and Vrindavan, situated in the Braj region of Uttar Pradesh, are associated with the life of Lord Krishna, one of the most revered deities in Hinduism. The Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple in Mathura is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna, while the Banke Bihari Temple and the ISKCON Temple in Vrindavan are popular pilgrimage sites.
Top 20 Places to visit in Bihar
To sum up, Uttar Pradesh is a diverse state that offers visitors a mix of historical, cultural, and natural attractions. Whether you want to see the breathtaking Taj Mahal, experience the spiritual Varanasi, or indulge in the culinary delights of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh has something for everyone. Visiting these top five places is a must for anyone exploring the state.
Leave a Reply